What are Orthotics?Orthotics are specially designed shoe or heel inserts that are typically prescribed by a doctor to address biomechanical foot issues related to walking, standing and running. Orthotics shoe inserts are worn inside your shoe and are used to treat pain associated with diabetes, arthritis, plantar fasciitis and bursitis etc. Orthotics are also sometimes used to treat posture, leg and back issues. Doctor prescribed orthotic insoles are expensive [often costing as high as $500] and hence a lot of OTC orthotics like the Superthotics and Walkfit have emerged as low-cost alternatives.
How do Superthotics and Walkfit Platinum work?
Superthotics and Walkfit are popular non-prescription OTC orthotics that are available online. Both Superthotics and Walkfit Platinum claim to realign your feet and posture.
Superthotics and Walkfit are “customizable” feet orthotics available without a doctor’s prescription. Both Superthotics and Walkfit Platinum claim to adjust your misaligned feet and subsequently corrects your body’s alignment. Superthotics and Walkfit claim to be better alternative to the other regular orthotics available at the drugstore which provide little to no support and fail to realign your feet and body like a real orthotic. Superthotics claim to work instantly to align and stabilize your heel and ankle providing instant weight distribution, balance and support.
Superthotics and Walkfit Platinum instantly puts your feet back into alignment, relieving pain in your feet, ankles, knees, hips and back. They claim to relieve pain with Every Step You Take. Our work activities put tremendous pressure on our feet, often causing ligaments to stretch and forcing bones out of alignment and collapsing the arches. The toll on feet can lead to heel-pain, hammer-toes, bunions, plantar fasciitis, corns and callouses. And when your feet are out of alignment so is your body posture which can cause pain in your knee, ankles, hips and even in your back. According to the doctors the most effective way to relive foot pain is to prescribe a custom orthotic insole created specifically for the particular individual’s foot structure [like the way they create dentures]. But the issue is most people cannot afford the high cost of custom orthotics and often not covered by insurance.
Compare Design: Superthotics vs Walkfit Platinum
Superthotics DesignSuperthotics claims to give you the benefit of custom orthotics. The Superthotics design has the following features.
- Bio-Lock Heel Cup – It has a feature called as “Bio-Lock Heel Cup” that supposedly stabilizes your heel and ankle. The Bio-Lock Heel cup helps put your foot in proper alignment.
- Metatarsal Arch – The other feature of the Superthotics is the Metatarsal Arch distributes the force of impact across the orthotics thus relieving the pressure on your Metatarsal bones.
- Pronation Inserts – The Superthotics come with three  customizable Pronation inserts that attach to the bottom of the orthotics. These inserts correct the angle at which your feet touches the ground. They absorb the the pressure on your arch.
Walkfit Platinum DesignThe Walkfit Platinum claims that the orthotic has been used by over 2 million people it works on the same principle as the Superthotics but has lesser features compared to the Superthotics.
- Bio-Lock Heel Cup Like the Superthotics, Walkfit too has the Bio-Lock Heel which keeps the foot rooted to the ground and prevents the heel from rolling.
- Cushioning Gel Pad – Similar to the “Metatarsal Arch” of the Superthotics, the Cushioning Gel Pad of Walkfit Platinum acts as a shock absorber for your foot and provides comfort.
- Customizable Arch Inserts – The Walkfit Platinum comes with three  customizable arch inserts which are similar to the Pronation Inserts
Compare Price: Superthotics vs Walkfit
- One Pair of Superthotics
- Soothing Peppermint Lotion
- 3 Customizable Biodynamic Balance Inserts
- Luxurious Memory Foam Comfort Slippers
- Therabotanics BeFlexible Total Joint Support
- Price – Superthotics is priced at $39.95 + $9.95 S&P. The Orthotic insoles are available at the official website Superthotics.com
- 1 Pair of Platinum Walkfit
- 3 Walkfit Inserts
- 1 Sandal Adapter
- 1 Peppermint Lotion
- 1 How-to Guide
- Acupressure Inserts
- Price – Walkfit Platinum is priced at $19.95 + $9.95 S&P per pair. And is available at WalkfitPlatinum.com.
- Too Hard – Many users complain that the Superthotics are too “hard” as they are made of plastic. “The hard plastic causes even more pain” users complain. Even the thin gel part has hard plastic lining under it.
- Does Not Work – One user who bought the Superthotics insoles complain that given his job, he has to stand for 12 hours in a stretch and he bought the Superthotics believing the claims made in the official website. To his utter disappointment, the Superthotics did not provide any relief from pain. The Metatarsal cushion too is very flat and makes no difference s far as support is concerned.
- Painful – Superthotics users complain that the orthotic insert does nothing to relive pain. In-fact people complain that the their feet pain has worsened after using the Superthotics.
- Not for Big Feet – One Superthotics user mentions in his review that these orthotics fit average sized feet, that most people have. And the claim that these inserts are “customizable”, is not entirely true. The inserts are not customizable if you have larger feet. People with bigger [than average] feet will find the Superthotics placed too far back on the feet.
- Build Quality – There are several review which mention that the Yellow Biodynamic Insert that attaches to the bottom of the insole, keeps falling off after a couple of weeks.
Walkfit Platinum Review
thanks. well done