Compare Review: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar REVIEW
Plastic Smell – Clayton in his Ninja Coffee Bar review regrets buying this coffee bar. Even after three washes the pot wouldn’t rid itself off the plastic smell. He doubts the durability as the machine has substandard plastic material. What made Clayton really furious was that the machine over-extracted the coffee beans resulting into a horrible tasting coffee. The replacement of glass carafe model had its share of issues with the hot plate. Plus, the filter basket used to drip all over while removing. To summarize, it is a strict no from Clayton.
Not worth the price – Steve in his Ninja Coffee Bar review feels cheated and claims that the coffee bar was not worth its high value. There was no provision to pull out the pot while it was still brewing. Plus it tasted like any other ordinary coffee and there was nothing extraordinary about the Ninja Coffee Bar. On the contrary he preferred his existing Hamilton Coffee Bar which does a far better job to brew great coffee without spilling.
Ninja Coffee Bar Cons – in his Ninja Coffee Bar review admits being highly disappointed with the Coffee Bar as it lacked most of the basic features found in other coffee systems.It did brew up a decent cup of coffee and also offered the option to brew one cup, half a cup or a full pot. That’s where the good aspect of the Ninja Coffee Bar ended. It took him quite a lot of permutations and combinations to figure out the coffee to his liking. The amount suggested in the manual in terms of ground coffee was very confusing.
The warm plate of the glass carafe model unlike the stainless steel carafe would stay warm only till a maximum time limit of 2 hours. Jacob was in for a surprise to find cold coffee waiting for him during his first use. As usual he had a sip around 3 hours after he had kept the pot for brewing coffee. Another issue was a significant amount of ground coffee settling at the bottom of the pot. This in turn ruined the coffee’s taste, especially for those drinking the last few cups.
All in all, Jacob was very unhappy with the Ninja Coffee Bar especially having seen high claims in the infomercial. It clearly failed miserably in living up to the promises it made. He is determined, never to recommend the Ninja Coffee Bar to any coffee aficionado.
Fore more Ninja Coffee Bar reviews, visit this Ninja Coffee Bar REVIEW page.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo REVIEW
Not suited for Regular Coffee – Cher in her Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo review says that she is addicted to coffee. Hence she has a regular Nespresso machine in addition to the Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo. Though it serves good espressos on the default setting, but for ‘regular coffee’ the setting makes undrinkable coffee. She has to manually adjust the setting from 8oz to 4oz water and still wait for the coffee to settle before it is drinkable. Apart from being expensive, Cher believes that the Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo machine is rather huge and noisy and not at all dependable when it comes to running hot water through the machine. Since its launch, the Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo has added no new coffee variation and the value has dropped further. All in all, Cher complaints of the Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo being yet another non-recyclable capsule format.
Limited Options – Michelle in her Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo review says that she was sold out on the taste of espresso and that’s about it but realized later that there are only a few choices of coffee flavors. Moreover, the milk froth container can only hold so much of milk which doesn’t even heat up to her desired temperature. A regretful decision by all means.
Expensive – Isabel in her Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo review cites both good and bad points. Though she praises the space saving appliance for serving delicious coffees and espressos, it is not hot enough, very expensive and not easily available at a local store.
Less Value for Money – Dodo in his Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo review doesn’t seem completely satisfied with the product. He complaints about the provision of only 2 regular espresso “cru” to choose from the Vertuo pods and hopes that the company will add more selections. While at home he preferred Saeco to grind the coffee beans and enjoy steaming milk. Since he was already a fan of the Nespresso machine at work, he decided to buy the Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo hoping to replace two appliances with one. He is reasonably satisfied with the two espresso ‘cru’ which serves up decent espressos, much better than what one would find at Keurig. However he regrets having bought the coffee pod holder accessory from Nespresso Club for $23. The plastic base sleeves are brown cardboard but once removed, one can see white interior indicating the use of substandard material. To sum it up, the Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo is a decent purchase but now exactly value for money in Dodo’s opinion.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia REVIEW
Capsule Issue – Jeri in his Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia review says that it is a pretty decent buy for his office needs of a simple espresso maker. The problem however is during the loading of the capsules. Though at first glance it may seem that the capsule is loaded correctly but on pulling the lever back, it gets stuck and eventually breaks. Jeri has lost 3 such capsules. Handle with caution is his word of advice.
Great Machine – Mark in his Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia review says that he picked it up for his office. He is quite happy with the espresso quality using standard Nespresso capsules. For the past one year that Mark has been using the machine, the only drawback has been the loud noise, in fact he thinks it is the loudest of all the Nespresso machines. But then again, the loud noise for 10-15 seconds is still bearable. He strongly recommends the Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia for home.Even for offices, it’s a good buy especially when placed in the breakroom. Mark has listed the Pros and Cons of the Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia:
- Produces espresso of desired temperature
- Easy to use
- Louder than most of the premium Nespresso coffee makers
- No cheaper alternative for the capsules
Does the job – David in his Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia review says that he is extremely happy with the coffeemaker. There are a few minor issues which can be overlooked, he adds. Firstly there is no indicator of letting one know that the machine is out of water. It continues to run until someone intervenes to check the water level. Plus there’s also the issue of dripping long after the coffee is made. But other than these issues, David is pretty pleased with the Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia
Good Buy – Brent in his Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia review explicitly elaborates the functioning and the advantages of having a Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia. He rates it purely as a ‘Quality over Quantity’ product. He warns people who prefer multiple flavors of coffee to steer clear. It is purely meant for those who enjoy the finer nuances of coffee made in the easiest way possible. Even a novice would be able to use the machine as the instructions are provided in an easy-to-understand pictogram language.
The functioning is pretty smooth, be it the small water tank that pops in and out easily or the handle in the front that lifts up to open the pod bay door. There are provisions for short as well as long shots of coffee. Though it warms up superfast, the user has the control to choose preference while it’s warming. The only issue that Brent has with the Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia is that it is not very Eco-friendly. The 16 pod samplers are non-recyclable and hence he doubts the greenness of the pods. It’s just a small glitch for him. He believes even an environment-friendly machine worth $500 won’t match up to the taste of this one. Otherwise he is super impressed with the specialty of good espresso that the Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia promises to deliver.
Compare Pros and Cons: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar Pros
- Versatile coffee maker.
- Features multiple brewing modes.
- You can use your own coffee grinds.
- Makes good caramel macciato and iced caramel macciato.
- Many customers like the “Rich Brew” option, it makes really good coffee.
- It can brew one cup of coffee, which many reviewers find very convenient. You have total control on how much coffee you want to brew.
- Features drip-stop option.
Ninja Coffee Bar Cons
- Tends to over extract the coffee beans and hence the coffee tastes bitter.
- Nothing special than average cheap coffee maker. Over-rated and over-hyped coffee maker.
- Very expensive and not worth the money. You basic coffee maker does everything that Ninja Coffee Bar coffee maker does.
- The warmer plate stays hot only for a couple of hours and there is no option to keep the warmer plat hot for longer time, not good for frequent coffee drinkers.
- One reviewer complained about coffee grounds ending up in the pot.
- You cannot remove the pot while it is still brewing.
- Made from cheap plastic material.
- Ninja Coffee Bar has a strong plastic smell and takes a lot of water to get rid of it.
- You have to clean the filter basket after every use.
- Large and takes lot of kitchen space.
- One Ninja Coffee Bar reviewer complained that the coffee maker may damage the plastic laminate cabinets above the coffee maker above as it vents out from the top.
- Does not have the “crema” feature.
- Sturdy Coffee and Espresso maker.
- One of the best at-home espresso makers. Makes good espresso coffee.
- Superior design and usability.
- Adds the Nespresso’s signature crema layer.
- Stylish retro design.
- Simple to use – One button controls everything.
- Water tank and coffee pods are easily accessible.
- Expensive for a single serve coffee maker.
- Coffee made in Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo doesn’t taste any better than the coffee made in ordinary less expensive coffee makers.
- Makes only coffee and espresso.
- Makes lukewarm coffee in 15 seconds.
- Compatible with only Nespresso’s coffee and Espresso capsules.
- You can’t put your own coffee grinds.
- It does not accept filter to make plain boiling water.
- Does not accept other brand’s capsules.
- Higher brewing time of nearly 2 minutes for 8 ounce coffee.
- Some reviewers complain that the coffee is not hot enough.
- Some reviewers find the k-cups expensive.
- Not suited for americanos.
- Sturdy built, easy to use.
- Makes good coffee and espresso.
- Puts the crema layer on the top.
- Good for light use.
- Good coffee maker for the price and features.
- Makes great ristretto.
- Heats up instantly.
- Nespresso Inissia can make multiple cups in a row.
- Most customer complain that the coffee is not hot enough.
- Coffee is expensive due the high capsule prices.
- Does not have water tank empty indicator. You have to check it manually.
- You need to re-calibrate it regularly.
- Does not make BIG cup of coffee.
- It is somewhat noisy, but so are other coffee makers.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Pros
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Cons
Nespresso Inissia Pros
Nespresso Inissia Cons
Compare Heating time: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: About 20 seconds.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: 15 to 20 seconds.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: 25 seconds.
Compare Filter: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: Standard No. 4 cone paper filters.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo and Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia use capsule filter.
Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Compare Features: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar Features:
• Ninja Coffee Bar makes the most of the patented brewing technology and Thermal flavor extraction to get the best out of your coffee without it ever getting bitter.
• It has automated controls for Temperature calibration, pre-infusion and coffee saturation to make things easier for you. One Touch Intelligence on the other hand lets you choose the size of the cup or brew, including classic brew, rich brew, over ice brew and specialty super rich concentrate.
• The Double Wall Thermal Carafe is not only sleek but keeps your coffee hot for 2 hours. The coffee maker comes with Easy Frother to make delicious café style drinks. Its delay brew function lets you get any size and style of coffee in the next 24 hours.
• The water reservoir can be easily removed thanks to its ergonomic grip for easy twisting. The Brew Basket can be pulled forward, and lets your Ninja Coffee Bar stay in place. It also has a drop down cup holder for your convenience. The clean light indicator will illuminate letting you know when it has to be de-calcified.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo
• It brings the best of Nespresso to produce freshly brewed coffee and authentic espresso in a rich and generous crema. The Centrifusion Technology ensures that each coffee capsule spins up to 7000 rotations per minute to give you every drop of flavor from it.
• Automatic Blend Recognition means capsules get recognized instantly and ensure perfect extraction of every Grand Cru. One touch brew feature lets you make freshly brewed coffee or authentic espresso with a single touch of a button.
• Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo is also known for its fast heat up time of 15-20 seconds. The automatic off mode after 9 minutes of no use works as a smart safety element.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia
• It is a colorful, efficient, cute and fast coffee maker that promises you the perfect Nespresso experience. It pre-heats in 25 seconds and can make up to 9 Grand Crus without having to refill the water tank.
• There are two programmable cup sizes that you can work with in this coffee machine that is lightweight, compact and has an ergonomic handle for your convenience.
• The folding cup tray it has accommodates tall recipe glasses. It has an energy efficient rating and automatic power off after 9 minutes of inactivity is an added advantage.
• It is known for its one touch operation and patented extraction system that delivers up to 19 bar pressure.
Compare Surface Treatment: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: It has a metallic surface treatment.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: Durable ABS plastic housing.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: It has a durable plastic housing.
Compare Cup Capacity: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: 43 cups
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: It supports two cup sizes; 8 oz and 13 oz.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: Can make up to 9 cups of coffees without having to refill.
Compare time required to make coffee
Ninja Coffee Bar: About 7 minutes
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: While the pre-heating time is 15-20 seconds, you can brew a cup of coffee in a couple of minutes.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: Pre-heating time is about 25 seconds and a cup of coffee can be brewed in a couple of minutes.
Compare Wattage: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: 1450 watts.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: 1350 watts.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: 1200 watts.
Compare Warranty: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: It comes with a 1 year limited manufacturer warranty.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: It has a 1 year limited manufacturer warranty.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: It comes with a 1 year limited manufacturer warranty.
Compare Water-Tank Capacity: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: It has a 43 oz water reservoir.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: 54 oz.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: 23.8 oz.
Compare Capsule Capacity: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: No information.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: It has a capacity of 13 Nespresso capsules.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: 9-11 Nespresso capsules.
Compare Material: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: It is a combination of stainless steel and plastic.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: It is made using high quality plastic.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: High quality durable plastic.
Compare Pressure: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: No information.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: No information.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: 19 bar.
Compare Drip Tray: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: The drip stop feature stops flow of the brew basket.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: It has an adjustable drip tray.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: It has a folding tray for your convenience.
Compare Preset Functions: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: It has options like classic brew, rich brew, over ice brew and specialty super rich concentrate.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: It offers freshly brewed coffee and authentic espresso at the touch of a button.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: One touch operation and two cup settings.
Compare Safety Feature: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: Auto Shutoff.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: It has automatic mode off after 9 minutes of non-use for your safety.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: The automatic mode is turned off after 9 minutes of non-use.
Compare Price: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: $169.99
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: $174.27
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: $99.29.
Compare Weight: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: 10.000 lbs.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: 10.85 lbs.
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: 5.29 lbs.
Compare Dimensions: Ninja Coffee Bar vs Nespresso
Ninja Coffee Bar: 14.75H x 12.000W x 11.000D
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo: 8.32×11.93×11.91
Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia: 4.6×12.6×9.1 in
Verdict – Nespresso OriginalLine Inissia is a simple, compact low end coffee machine compared to the other two. But it’s also cheaper and offers Nespresso quality goodness. Both Ninja Coffee Bar and Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo are packed with features that offer you complete convenience and ensure that you get a delightful cup of coffee at home. But Ninja Coffee Bar has more options and not limited to coffee and espresso, and because of features like delay brew function, we are going to declare it the winner.