Comparison of Dermaflash, Dermaflash 2.0, SonicSmooth and PMD Microdermabrasion. Dermaflash, Sonicsmooth and Dermaflash 2.0 are based on dermaplaning technique while PMD is the proven at-home microdermabrasion device. But are these expensive devices really worth the price.
- What are these devices?
- What to expect?
- How do they work
- When to expect the results?
- Whats the Difference between them?
- Compare Specifications
- Compare Price
- Compare Reviews
Compare what is Dermaflash, SonicSmooth, Dermaflash 2.0 and PMD
Dermaflash, SonicSmooth and Dermaflash Luxe 2.0 are “sonic” dermaplaning devices that are meant to be used by general users in the comfort of their home for skin exfoliation (removing of older dead skin cells, impurities, debris and fine vellus hair). They claim to be an alternative to SPA dermaplaning treatments. They are mostly developed for the sensitive skin of woman. Their basic role remains the same with some differences in intensity and some superficial features. Dermaplaning is like shaving for woman.
Dermaflash benefits are over-exaggerated and does not do a satisfactory job in skin exfoliation and peach fuzz removal. Many users claim in their reviews that it is a rip-off.
Dermaflash 2.0 Luxe is an overrated dermaplaning product. Reviews claim that is not worth $200 as the results are nothing better than the $10 dermaplaning blades.
Michael Todd Sonicsmooth is the cheapest of the 3 at-home sonic dermaplaning devices.
What is PMD?
It is an at-home personal microdermabrasion device that claims to provide the same in-office like microdermabrasion treatment.
PMD Personal Microderm is the most widely used at-home Microdermabrasion device. Microdermabrasion is more effective than Dermaplaning when it comes to skin exfoliation.
What to expect from Dermaflash, Sonicsmooth, Dermaflash 2.0 and PMD
Both dermaplaning and microdermabrasion use “abrasion” to remove the dead skin cells. Dermaplaning also removes facial hair along with the dead skin. The MAIN purpose of these devices is the same – SKIN EXFOLIATION. The main benefit of these devices is that it enhances the efficiency of skin-care products by making them penetrate deeper into the skin thus making your skin appear more youthful. Other benefits of these devices are reduced fine lines, decreased use of make products, deeper hydration of skin, and removal of spots, improved and even skin tone and texture. Dermaplaning devices like Dermaflash, Sonicsmooth, Dermaflash 2.0 also remove facial hair which the PMD cannot.
How do they work? Dermaflash, Sonicsmooth, Dermaflash 2.0 and PMD
The first three devices – Dermaflash, Sonicsmooth and Dermaflash 2.0 use sonic vibration based “Dermaplaning” for skin exfoliation, While PMD uses rotating disc microdermabrasion method.
Sonic Dermaplaning – It is a relatively new at-home sonic dermaplaning method introduced by Michael Todd Beauty in the form of Sonicsmooth. Dermaflash and Dermaflash 2.0 are newest sonic devices. These devices are basically dermaplaning blades that vibrate (hence the name sonic). They are either electric or battery powered.
When to expect the results?
With all the devices the results are almost instant. Because these devices remove the top layer of the skin the body “assumes” that there has been an injury at the treated part and begins to form new skin. This new skin has a youthful glow. The results are visible overnight.
Expect Skin Exfoliation and Peach Fuzz Removal
While Sonicsmooth, Dermaflash and Dermaflash 2.0 exfoliate and remove the vellus hair, PMD Microderm only exfoliates and does not remove peach fuzz.
What is the difference between Dermaflash, Sonicsmooth, Dermaflash 2.0 and PMD
Dermaflash, Sonicsmooth, Dermaflash 2.0 are sonic dermaplaning devices with some minor differences while PMD is a spinning disc micro-dermabrasion device. All the devices serve the same purpose EXFOLIATION.
Compare Specifications: Dermaflash vs Sonicsmooth vs Dermaflash 2.0 vs PMD
Compare Speed Settings
Dermaflash – 1 universal speed
Sonicsmooth – 3 speed settings
Dermaflash 2.0 – 2 speed settings
PMD – 1 universal speed
Compare Battery life
Dermaflash – 60 minutes
Sonicsmooth –180 minutes
Dermaflash 2.0 – 90 minutes
PMD – Not Mentioned
Are they waterproof
Dermaflash – Water resistant
Sonicsmooth – NO
Dermaflash 2.0 – Yes
PMD – N/A.
Dermaflash – 1 year
Sonicsmooth – No warranty
Dermaflash 2.0 – 2 years
PMD –1 year
Compare Reviews and Pros/Cons: Dermaflash vs Sonicsmooth vs Dermaflash 2.0 vs PMD
Dermaflash 2.0 REVIEWS
- Dermaflash 2.0 has 43% 1-star (lowest) ratings on Amazon.com. This figure says it all.
- All the 4 and 5-star ratings are “paid reviews” planted by the manufacturer.
- Flimsy quality – the reviews are full of complaints from users about the quality of the product, the unit won’t charge, broken unit, unit won’t charge after a few uses, deplaning blades come off when switched on, incorrect blades that don’t fit the 2.0 model.
- Some users complain in their reviews that the dollar store deplaning razors work better than this “sonic deplaner”.
- Much of the contents of the kit are missing.
- Some users even find it unsafe to use as it caused injuries on their face.
- The deplaning blade needs to be replaced after every use.
- Many users complain that is is not worth $200.
- Many users have complained that the Dermaflash 2.0 is NOT a TRUE exfoliating device at all. It is merely a peach fuzz shaver.
- The Dermaflash 2.0 device does not come charged.
- You have to use the device several times on the same spot to remove the peach fuzz.
- Certainly nothing like dermaplaning in salon.
- The SonicSmooth reviews are not any different from the Dermaflash 2.0, though people don’t have any complaint regarding the quality of the device or the razor blades. From the results point of view the verdict remains the same.
- It is an expensive battery powered deplaning razor. People complain that the same results can be achieved by a $10 deplaning tool.
- Here too people complain that the SonicSmooth is only suitable to remove the peach hair and does nothing on the deplaning front.
- You have to do several passes on the same spot to remove the peach fuzz.
- SonicSmooth reviews confirm that apart from removing peach fuzz this machine does nothing. It has no effect on spots and fine lines.